Wednesday, October 6, 2021

What is Herbalism? 5000 Years of Plant Medicine.

Have you listened to the very first episode of the WitchyBee Herbalist podcast yet? I think you will enjoy this one for sure! I talk about what herbalism is and some fascinating history of the fall and the resurrection of herbalism. You can access it right over there on the right of your screen. 

Let's make this interactive and start a conversation! What information did you find most interesting? Will you be checking out the books I mentioned? Witches, Midwives, and Nurses: A History of Women Healers by Ehrenreich & English if you choose to read it, I will enjoy hearing your thoughts. It was very powerful and emotionally charging for me.

What's coming up next...

A new podcast will be available every other Wednesday and follows along with the moon phases.  I garden and make plant preparations by the moon, so why should this be any different. Today is the New Moon, which is excellent for new beginnings, and I felt it was the perfect day to get this adventure started. Episodes will be full of herbs and their uses, history, and occasionally, I will talk about correspondences. Starting after the first of the year, I have some great guests lined up and will be introducing an herbalist of the month segment. 

To get us started, since we are heading into cold and flu season, I will be talking about easily accessible herbs for immune support and other uses, sharing easy recipes and preparations, which will be posted here on the blog. 

Make sure you are subscribed to the blog and the podcast, plus go follow me on Instagram and Facebook @Witchybeeherbs. With the social media snafu this week, I am looking into other networking opportunities and possibly setting up an email list. 

This Saturday, I will be at Flea Off Market promoting the podcast and selling a few things like artwork and salves. Come say hi!

Thank you for joining me on this adventure, and I hope you return next time to wander through WitchyBee's World.







No comments:

Post a Comment